Plastic Surgery in Munich
As the head of the clinic in Munich Grunwald, I warmly welcome you to our website. The clinic has been one of the top destinations for plastic surgery in the Munich area for more than twenty five years. As a specialist in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, I am pleased and proud that I had the opportunity of taking over the management of the former clinic of Dr. Kuschnir.
Individually perceived blemishes can cause much hardship and can severely impact upon the quality of life for those affected. My goal as a plastic surgeon, is for you to be satisfied with your appearance and have a new improved self-confidence. These goals are attainable thanks to our aesthetic procedures.
Individual Counselling in Munich Grunwald
The problem areas are as individual as the person affected. This is why an aesthetic plastic surgeon will take much time and care to talk at length with each patient to discuss each treatment. Confidence and personal advice are the basis of successful treatment and the core values of my practice. At the initial consultation, I will listen to the description of your personal needs, and present an in-depth view of your physical findings, before going on to outline the detailed treatment steps that will solve your problem.
If you opt for a plastic surgery in my practice clinic, my team and I are will be by your side, from the time of your initial decision to your final discharge. In all fields, your well-being is of paramount importance. Many years of experience, continuous education and training and the atmosphere of mutual respect, assures the best possible results in terms of beauty and health.
Many of the operations we offer, are carried out on an outpatient basis, under local anaesthetic at the practical clinic Munich Grunwald. This concept enables us to significantly reduce medical risks. Any intervention of aesthetic plastic surgery can vary in complexity and scope. For certain treatments, I recommend at a short stay with us in Munich Grunwald. Meanwhile, my team and I will do our utmost to ensure that you feel perfectly comfortable from a medical and personal point of view.
Please contact us
If you wish to inquire more about suitable methods of aesthetic plastic surgery, please feel to contact me and my team. I will gladly welcome you at the premises of our clinic and look forward to helping you achieve your dreams.
Dr. Barbara Kernt
Specialist in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery
|1998–2004||University Degree in Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and was awarded a "very good".|
|2005||Assistant Physician at the Department of Dermatology at the Technical University of Munich under the direction of Prof. Ring.|
|2006||Completed a doctorate at the Department of Neurosurgery of the University Hospital Munich Campus Grosshadern, under the direction of Professor Tonn, Ph.D and the supervision of Prof. Kreth: 'the function and quality of life in 31 adult patients with supratentorial WHO Grade II gliomas before and after treatment'.|
|2005-2007||Completed the two-year common trunk training as an assistant doctor in the Department of Surgery Dr. Rinecker, participating in the working group 'Wound Management' during this time.|
|2007||Assistant Doctor of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at the Nürnberg-Süd Hospital with Prof. Farmand.|
|2007-2009||Functional senior physician in the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Clinic, Starnberg under the direction of Dr. J. Graf von Finckenstein.|
|2009-2013||Assistant Doctor of the Plastic, Aesthetic and Hand Surgery Department, at the University of Munich downtown campus, initially under the direction of Dr. S. Deiler, and under the direction of Prof. R. Giunta from 01.01.2011.|
|2011||Achieved recognition as a specialist in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery by the WBO, the Bavarian Medical Association.|
|2013||Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon Office at:|
The Marketplace 11a
Full member of the German Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Paper presentation at the 44th Annual Meeting of the DGPRÄC in Münster, Sept 2013:
- '"Pull Through Technology" a scar-saving option for Gynecomastia.'Paper presentation at the XII Annual Meeting of the VDÄPC in Stuttgart, 2012.
- '"Pull Through Technology" a scar-saving option for Gynecomastia.'Growth Factors. Feb. 2012; 30 (1) :49-61
- 'Axitinib modulates hypoxia-induced blood-retina barrier permeability and expression of growth factors.'Paper presentation at the XI Annual Meeting of the VDÄPC in Potsdam, March/April, 2011:
- 'Fat injections in HIV-associated lipodystrophy.'Der Unfallchirurg (2011); 114 (6): 538-40
- 'Injury to the median nerve after minimally invasive decompression: discrepancies between the surgical report and the actual course of surgery.'Aesthetic Plast. Surg. February 2011, 35 (1):61-5
- 'Submandibular neck lifting with platysma resection'.Journal of Wound Healing Supplement (2010): 15:52
- 'VAC ® therapy for the prevention of secondary wound healing disorders and infections after breast reduction plastic surgery in high-risk patients.'Poster presentation at the X Spring Academy of VDÄPC and 3rd Congress of EASAPS 03-05. June 2010 € Gress
- 'Complications after buttock augmentation with liquid silicone and polyacrylamide hydrogel.'Poster presentation at the 41st Annual Meeting of the DGPRÄC and the 15th Annual Meeting of the VDÄPC, 15th-18th Sept. 2010, at the Maritime Congress Centre:
- 'Complications after soft tissue augmentation with liquid silicone and polyacrylamide hydrogel.'Presentation at the Three-Nation Conference 16-17th April, 2010 Zurich:
- 'VAC ® therapy for the prevention of secondary wound healing disorders and infections after breast reduction surgery in high-risk patients.'Presented a paper at the congress of the DGPRÄC in Hannover 2009:
- 'Significance of the "Super Wet" Tumescence before Liposuction: a retrospective analysis.'Book contribution in Aesthetic Surgery of Heimburg, Lemperle 21, supplementary issue, August 2009:
- 'Submandibular neck lift with Platysma Resection.'Poster presentation at the 126th Surgical Congress in Munich, 2009:
- 'Standardization of wound care in an acute care hospital; best practice.'Poster presentation at the Congress of DGPRÄC in Stuttgart, 2008 and Hannover, 2009:
- 'VAC therapy for the prevention of secondary wound healing after breast reduction plastic surgery in high-risk patients.'Poster presentation at the congress of the DGPRÄC in Stuttgart, 2008:
- 'Neck lifting a submandibular access.'Poster presentation at the Congress of the German Society of Neurosurgery in Cologne, 2004.Presented a paper at the Workshop of the Section Neuro-Oncology, the German Society of Neurosurgery in Munich - Grosshadern Hospital, December 2003:
- 'Cognitive functioning and quality of life in 31 adult patients with supratentorial WHO grade II gliomas before therapy.'2003: Presented a paper at the Congress of the German Society of Neurosurgery in Saarbrücken:
- 'Supratentorial astrocytomas WHO GradII and Oligoastrozytomas in adult patients: long-term observation and prognostic impact of P53 mutations and P53 protein expression.'Presented a paper at the Congress of the German Society of Neurosurgery in Halle 2002 (Poster number: 179)
- 'Combined microsurgical and interstitial radiosurgical treatment of adult patients with supratentorial WHO grade II gliomas: A pilot study.'
Our patients are always the focus of interest. We want them to feel well advised, perfectly looked after and to feel comfortable at any time. Dr. Barbara Kernt's team takes care of you.
Patient management /
Patient management /
Patient management /
Our practice is an oasis for rest and recovery. Every patient is being dedicated the time he needs – without stress and hectic pace.
And we are a practice clinic: Any surgery with local anaesthesia is being done in our own operation rooms. Your personal surgical nurse will look after you before and after the operation. We are cooperating with a hotel nearby for non-local patients (room reservations, special care, shuttle service).